Wednesday 29 February 2012

A Noble coffee shop

I went to the opening of Cafe Noble in Norwood last night. How did I get an invite? It's owned and run by my niece's husband (I don't think I can call him my nephew) - so there is a family link that I'll now consider disclosed :-)


Cafe Noble is next to the Lamp Post in Norwood, just up from the intersection of Ivy Road and Grant Avenue. Parking on Grant is a nightmare,  but there is a parking lot just next to the Lamp Post on Ivy, and there's another one the other side of the drycleaner/shoemaker on the other side of Ivy Road.


So... once you've got past the parking thing, which really is not as big a deal as us spoiled-by-malls not-used-to-high-street folks make out, what is Cafe Noble like?


The menu is varied, but not too big. There's a selection of filled croissants, tramezzinis and pastas, and a range of pizzas.


I took the boys there for breakfast a week or two back and had a haloumi, rocket and cherry tomato croissant - very yum. For the opening, they served some of their pizzas, and mini-portions of pastas and tramezzinis.


So delicious. The pizzas are thin base, and fillings are generous and tasty. The tramezzinis are wicked, and the pastas boast homemade sauces that make them perfect comfort food.


A selection of cakes and desserts is also available.


The best part about Cafe Noble (apart from the family welcome I'm sure you'll also receive) is the prices: they're really reasonable - much more affordable than any of the major restaurant chains, for food that tastes homemade in the best possible way. If you enjoy their food as much as I think you will, you can also buy reasonably priced frozen takeaway portions of their lasagnas, pastas and sauces. There's also talk of opening a deli section...


The restaurant is open from 9am to 6pm during the week, and from 9am to 2pm on a Saturday.


If you pop into Cafe Noble... tell Bryan I sent you ... ;-)

No comments: