Wednesday 29 August 2012

Are we nearly there yet?

I don't know about you... but although it's only August, I'm about ready to head off for the December holidays right now. It's been a big year for the Haggards - lots of busy times, a bunch of awesome times, but some pretty stressful times too.

And I get the feeling that that's true for pretty much everyone out there?

The time has clearly come to take a break... we won't talk too much about the dash to the coast over the Women's Day weekend that was pretty scuppered by snow and ice on the roads on the way there, bronchitis while I was there, and then the Traffic Police from Stupidity Hell who decided to put up a roadblock on the Sunday of a long weekend, undoing any good that the break had done in the three hour queue...

Just in time to avert the panic about everything that still has to be done by the end of the year, a little birdie told me about the sale that Tsogo Sun is running, starting today. It seems that the folks at Tsogo Sun have got their finger on the pulse of stressed families, and they're making it easier for us all to have a decent holiday at the end of the year.

How easy? Tsogo Sun launches their summer sale this morning, 29 August 2012, and you can get up to 30% off rates at a wide range of hotels in Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal and the Western Cape (because, yes, people do come to Jozi on holiday too...), for the time period we need it most: December 2012 and January 2013.

But get clicking on that link fast ... bookings opened at 6am this morning, and close tomorrow, 30 August 2012, at 20h00.

One of the things I've always loved about Tsogo Sun is that two kids get to stay and eat breakfast for free when they're staying with two adults. See what I mean about the group keeping their finger on the pulse of what families need?

So... what next?

Apart from the great discounted offers, Tsogo Sun is offering one of this blog's readers a weekend away at a Tsogo Sun hotel. All you need to do is tell me in the comments below why you deserve a weekend away with Tsogo Sun... and then tweet it with the hashtag #TsogoSale. Transport's not included, but with so many hotels to choose from, I'm sure you'll find one that works for you!

Entries close on Sunday 2 September 2012, I'll announce the winner next week!

13 comments:

Cara said...

Eeeverybody needs a holiday, this I know, but I haven't actually ever had a real one, ever...

Time away with no obligations, just chilling and having my meals served up for me, and cocktails by the pool. That sounds pretty close to exactly what I need :)


Stacey Vee said...

Dear Tsogo Sun, how I do covet your sunny pool-side cocktails, crisp linen sheets and Lego-free bathtubs! Let me count the ways in which I've earned a cooked meal I didn't have to peel the film off before microwaving, and a bed I didn't have to make myself. By day I am the terror that clickety-clacks on my heels between boardrooms and by night I am the ghost buster that chases away boogie men! I'm the school lunch-maker, the gardener, the interior decorator and yes, the Minister of Family Holidays. It's exhausting wearing all these hats! It would be great to spend some quality time with the family where I wasn't too busy running around like a break-dancing chicken to enjoy a quiet weekend with them.

c@th said...

Dear K and Tsogo Sun,

Please may I win this? I'm entering this competition wherever I see it online, and electing someone else to win it each time. For T's blog, I chose Sharon. For K's blog, I'm choosing Stacey Vee (aka Mama Lionheart). If I win here, Stacey gets it!

(and my folks honeymooned at the Beverley Hills, so I'd recommend that as a fab holiday spot!)

Elizabeth said...

I don't think there's anyone who'd turn down a fabulous, obligation-free holiday where all that is required of you is eating, drinking, lounging around, swimming, and sleeping! I certainly wouldn't :) It's exactly what I need after a year of being a battery chicken (aka: woman undergoing fertility treatment). (Tweeted with the hashtag!)

Jessica said...

Why should I win? Because there is nowhere I'd rather be than at a Tsogo Sun Resort. I have always put my trust in their company, and every time they provide a luxurious and welcoming holiday. A break away from big city life, with a cocktail in hand and soaking up the sun sounds just perfect! With a heavy workload, I need a holiday, and not just any holiday, a Tsogo Sun holiday (Trust me, its worth the extra weight you put on from their DELICIOUS food) Oh Tsogo Sun, be my fairy godmother and grant me my wish ;) (Have tweeted)

NickiD said...

I've cleaned up bucket loads of poo and vomit over the last 72 hours and it's my 4 year wedding anniversary coming up ... so I'd LOVE a weekend away from it all! That said, I think Stacey Vee's entry qualifies as an automatic win!

Lebogang Xolo said...

Except the fact that I work in a very demanding industry, To say I’ve had a hard year is an understatement. I suffered the most debilitating pnd, and thus stayed home for most of the time. My hubby had to be both mom and dad for a while. My poor kids haven’t really had a holiday and after all we’ve been though I think a break would do wonders for our family, our bond would definitely get stronger. Beverly Hills in Umhlanga looks amazing, I love it. Wow, this is such an amazing prize, did I say wow?

YoungMommy said...

My family and I have not been on holiday in years! My toddler has never been on a proper holiday @ all so winning this would be so great! The Tsogo Sun in Umhlanga looks so great :-)

Natasha Clark said...

Gosh. I guess because I haven't been away with my husband since our honeymoon. That was three years ago. Two little kids arrived and stole our big hearts. After having two boys, two years in a row... I want to sleep with a bed without a toddler in it. Sheets clean of peanut butter and misplaced wetwipes. A room without a feeding chair / nappy bin / pram / plastic bike / lost puzzle piece. I want a night with just my husband - without a toddler between us, without the wakes with the boys at night, to wake up on our own because we've slept enough. A whole day - a night away from the noise, from work, where I can give him my full attention. Be able to finish a conversation without interruptions. To reconnect. Some time where it's just about us. We'd order in and spend the day just talking, laying in bed watching a movie from start to finish, a bit of snooping around the bar fridge. We could use a bit of luxury. Between us we have two toddlers, two full time jobs, two (aspiring) side businesses, a blog, freelance writing, a website, a wannabe furniture design business, big dreams, a lot of love and very little time. Very little luxury. I want some time with him where we don't have to do anything for anyone else. Mostly I want to do this for him - and because he always wants to, and we never seem to pull it off. We haven't been away together since our wedding night, and I'd love to surprise him with it. I was at the Tsogo Cape Sun last week for an event and I looked at the grand piano and the chandeliers and fountains and the restaurant and wing back chairs and I remembered that if we keep working hard and putting our souls in to this family and our big little dreams, then we'll get 'here' one day. We'll get out what we put in, right? I'd love some time away with the daddy, sincerely.

Jenty said...

Maybe because I'm about to change roles again at work, and then on top of it, I've got the busiest photography season I've ever done ahead of me... feeling slightly overwhelmed and know I'm going to need some time out with my family to recover and to re-engage with them

Anonymous said...

Please I need a holiday. I'm a mom to twin boys who keep me on my toes all day everyday. I haven't watched a movie, read a book or had a full night sleep in almost a year.

I would love a weekend away without bottles, dummy patrol, poo nappies or Telletubbies.

I love my babies dearly but a break from being 24/7 mom would be heaven.

Jackie K said...

I really need a break. I was retrenched after 10 years at the same company and it has been a stressful few months. Would love a weekend away xxx

Kerry said...

Hi all...
Work is demanding all my attention right now... I will do the draw and announce the winner by lunchtime today, promise!