Thursday 8 April 2010

Random thoughts and catching up




I've not been the most consistent blogger in the history of ever, but at the urging of ExMi, I'm going to give it another bash. 

What's happened in my life since the last time I posted (before today's flurry)? 

A lot, but not a lot. 

My two boys, Daniel and Matthew, are the most amazing, incredible human beings that ever there were. Apart, of course from my husband. I may be biased in all of this, but there you go, I'm allowed to be. 

My extended household now consists of Thandi Ndhlovu, my very own domestic goddess, my father-in-law, and his 11-year-old son. It's complicated. Sometimes more so than it really should be. But that's a session for another couch, another day. 

We've done and survived a fair amount of renovation to our home, although a house is an ONGOING process, oh my word, it never stops. 

There are days when I love the Daschund, and there are days when I would give him to the first taker. However, I love the Rottweiler every day, all day. Except when she thinks she's a cow, and eats my grass. 

My vegetable garden is growing like a veritable jungle. I hope that it delivers on all that it's promising, otherwise I'll have to start calling it the ANC. 

I'm changing jobs at the end of this month. Working at Words'worth has been a true privilege, but I need more money, more interaction with people, and less of a glass ceiling. I'm moving to Saint-Gobain Construction Products, a client of mine for several years, and I'm going to be taking on the challenge of their internal and external communications. 

I have learned that beautiful office surroundings may well appear idyllic, but there is such a thing as being TOO quiet. And dogs that are TOO noisy. And colleagues that are TOO to-themselves. Nowhere's perfect. I have been happy here, but I will be happy in my next position too. 

That's it for this time... let's see if I can keep this up! 


No comments: