Wednesday 21 April 2010

It's time for a recipe...

All of a sudden, we had 10 adults and six children coming for lunch last Saturday, and among other things I had to come up with a quick dessert. Even though I have all the recipe books that my kitchen can hold, I'm not so good at using them. However, my husband loves baked cheesecake, and ExMi's tweets about the cookies and cream cheese that she made got me thinking. So, here's my version - let me know what you think. Sorry - no photos - it was scoffed before I could dig the camera out!

Crust:
One pack of Chockits, made into crumbs
Enough butter to bind them - about two tablespoons I suppose.

Mix, and then press into the base of a 20cm springform tin.

The really yummy bit:
2 tubs of smooth cream cheese
1 tub of sour cream
1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs
3 tablespoons of selfraising flour
1 bag of Romany Cream Balls, bashed a bit but not broken.

Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar together. Add the eggs, and lastly the flour.
Fold in the beaten up Romany Cream Balls.
Pour the mix into the springform tin.
Bake at 180 degrees C, probably for about 45 minutes, until it's firm in the middle.
Let it get to room temperature before serving. It's best at that temperature, although it does refrigerate well.
Eat, enjoy, and don't count the calories...

No comments: