Tuesday 5 June 2012

A(nother) meme

I came across this meme the other day, when I was browsing around the blog where I found a recipe for chocolate chilli cupcakes. Yes, they were divine. Needed a bit more chilli... but that's just an excuse to make them again. 


Anyway, here's the meme - feel free to continue, if you wish... 

Right now, I am waiting for Brett and the boys to get home from swimming lessons
I’m currently obsessed with what exactly I'm going to do for my mid-life crisis. 40 is looming, you see, and I don't have anything to crisis over. #FirstWorldProblems
Cannot live without my boys. The big one and the small ones
I’m reading nothing at the moment. Sigh. 
I’m listening to 702, a lot. But I am tiring of the doom and gloom and the obsession with bad news. What about some good news, people? 
Favourite place in Joburg The Jacobs pop up coffee shop. Go. You'll thank me later. 
Favourite place in SA The Drakensberg, followed closely by the North Coast.
Favourite place in the world Home. Wherever that may be. 
I’ve lived in Johannesburg and London. Johannesburg wins, in spite of itself. 
Next up on my bucket list is to make a bucket list
The last thing I crossed of my bucket list see above
I realized I was an adult when I had to start paying a bond
I realized I’d never be an adult when I knew I'd never stop freaking out about debt.
In the movie of my life, I want to be played by Drew Barrymore
Best invention since the wheel: The dishwasher
A house is not a home without a housekeeper
This week I’m crushing on cupcakes
I’m currently working on that marvelous balancing act that is known as being a working wife and mother
I’m really proud of my first foray into peaceful protest, with the #lovebomb of the Goodman Gallery. You haven't heard about it? Refer to my point above about obsessions with bad news...
You’d be amazed if I showed you my collection of lingerie
I cannot survive winter without the daschund sleeping on my lap in the evenings, and the Rottweiler at my feet
Signature dish 2010 - cake pops; 2011 - macaroons; 2012 - cupcakes
Guilty pleasure Magazines.
When no-one’s looking, I sing and dance in my car
In my next life I want to be a gazillionaire
Every morning, I cram an alarming amount of activity into the hour between 6 and 7. And then take the whole day to recover.
I believe that if we all treated one another with more kindness, the world would suffer from a minute fraction of the hardship it endures today.
I’ve really got to work on my FOMO
Best advice I was ever given  Don't take any advice on being pregnant or parenting. Follow your gut instinct. 

9 comments:

AlexD said...

Loving it all Kerry :) especially the best advice

Unknown said...

Kerry, these cupcakes are all about your Nutella addiction! Will be trying these for sure.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi there - am glad you enjoyed the blog :)

Tam said...

Erm... what is FOMO?

Kerry said...

@Tamarai: Fear Of Missing Out...

Tam said...

Erm... What is FOMO?

Tam said...

Never heard that one before. Most intriguing.

Jenty said...

I need to try that coffee shop!